Revenue to be covered with insolvency protection

Please see below a listing of the main types of turnover that need to be to be covered and how it needs to be covered under current legislation:-

  • Flight/Travel Only commencing Ireland - Licensable.
  • Retailing packages including travel commencing in Ireland (put together by an organiser) - Licensable.
  • Retailing packages including travel commencing in another EU country (put together by an organiser) e.g. Cruise - No cover required (customer must be made aware of who the organiser is).
  • Corporate travel packages/LTAs as part of a general agreement - No cover required.
  • Corporate travel/flight only commencing in Ireland - Licensable.
  • Organising Packages commencing in Ireland - Choice between:-
    • Licence under 1982 Act (Bond 4%/10%) or provide evidence of security to the Commission (full indemnity insurance).
  • Organising Packages/LTAs commencing in other countries - full indemnity insurance under the 1995 Act.
  • Accommodation only - no cover required.




© 2022 Commission for Aviation Regulation
  • 3rd Floor 6 Earlsfort Terrace Dublin 2, D02 W773 
  • Phone: +353-(0) 1-6611700, Email: